Vegetarian Pancit Canton
Whether you’re cooking for this Holy Week or you want to eat pancit minus the meat because you’re on a healthy living, this is the perfect recipe for you! Here’s a vegetarian take of the Filipinos’ favorite PANCIT CANTON. You can even experiment and add in your favorite veggies!
What You Need
- 250 grams flour sticks
- ¾ cup dried Shitake mushrooms, soaked in water and chopped
- ¾ cups carrots, sliced into thin strips
- ½ head small cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup snow pea
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
What To Do
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a pan and stir fry the carrots, snow pea, and cabbage for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the remaining oil in the same pan and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and parsley. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the soy sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Add the ground black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour sticks and gently stir as it softens and absorbs the liquid. Continue stirring until the liquid is absorbed and there’s only little left on the pan.
- Add the stir fried vegetables and mix.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with lemon wedges.