When we ask you what food comes in your mind when you hear the word “flexible”, this Filipino dessert would most probably come out. It is UBE HALAYA. Everyone likes it as it can be a dessert in itself or it can be a filling that is paired with bread or other pastries.
Plus, it’s really easy to make UBE HALAYA! Get your pans and ladles ready to make this very easy lutong Pinoy recipe!
What You Need
- ½ kg grated purple yam
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp cooking oil
What To Do
- Place the coconut milk in a pot and bring to a boil.
- When the coconut milk starts to boil, gradually add the sugar and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the grated purple yam. In low to medium heat, stir constantly until texture becomes thick.
- Grease the llanera or any mold with cooking oil. Transfer the mixture to the mold. Make sure to flatten out the top evenly.
- Let it cool down to room temperature. You can serve it this way or keep it in the refrigerator and serve cold later.