TINOLANG MANOK is one of the most flexible Filipino soup dishes. Although it’s best during cold days, every time is always a perfect time to have a sip of the savory soup and a bite of the very tender chicken meat that will melt in your mouth! Learn this Pinoy recipe here!
What You Need
- 1 kg chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 thumb-size ginger, cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 medium sayote, cut into wedges
- ½ cup pepper leaves
- 1 tbsp patis
- 3 cups water
- 1 chicken cube
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
What To Do
- Sauté garlic, onion, and ginger in a saucepan with cooking oil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes until chicken changes color.
- Add the patis and continue stirring until evenly distributed.
- Pour water and bring to a boil. Lower down heat and simmer for 30 minutes, covering the saucepan.
- Add the chicken cube and sayote. Simmer until sayote is tender.
- Add pepper leaves and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Remove from heat and transfer in a serving bowl and serve.