It’s all over everywhere. People have been talking about how unique but familiar Filipino-style spaghetti is. Unlike its original Italian version, Filipino spaghetti is characterized by its sweet taste paired by lots of cheddar cheese with slices of hotdog and ground beef. If you want to learn how to cook this easy and famous Filipino take of spaghetti, take a look at the Pinoy recipe below!
What You Need
- 1 kg spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 500 grams ground pork
- 170 grams luncheon meat, minced
- 4 pieces regular hotdogs, sliced diagonally
- 1 kg Filipino Style spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
What To Do
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the ground pork and cook until it becomes light brown.
- Add the luncheon meat and hotdogs. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce and beef broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the spaghetti in a serving bowl and pour the sauce over it. Top with shredded cheese.