PUTO CHEESE is one of the most famous Filipino kakanin. It is everybody’s favorite baon to work or to school. Many opt to just buy it in the market because they think that making it is complicated. The truth is, it is easy. All you need are ingredients that can be easily found in groceries. Learn this Pinoy recipe here!
What You Need
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 6 oz evaporated milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
What To Do
- Boil water on the lower part of the steamer.
- Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add one egg and beat mixture with an electric mixer. Add another egg and beat again. Finally, add the last egg and beat.
- Add milk and beat until mixture is smooth. Add water and continue beating.
- Add butter and vanilla extract and stir until evenly blended. Pour ¾ cup of cheddar cheese and continue stirring.
- Fill the molds up to ¾ full and place over steamer. Make sure that the heat is in medium. Steam for 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of each puto. Cover the steamer and let the residual heat melt the cheese.
- Set the puto aside to let cool before removing from the molds and serving.