Sometimes, we crave for a hot soup with a twist. Well, PORK SINIGANG has just that. Sinigang is one of the Filipino dishes that is famous because of its sour taste that will wake your senses up and save you from lazy days. Learn the recipe here and enjoy its goodness!
What You Need
- 1 kg pork belly
- 1 bunch spinach, use kangkong as an alternative if preferred
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 bunch string beans or sitaw, cut in 2-inch length
- 2 pieces medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
- 3 pieces chili or banana pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 liters water
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 pieces taro or gabi, quartered
- 1 pack sinigang mix
What To Do
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot and sauté the onions until lightly brown.
- Add the pork belly and cook until outer parts turn light brown. Put in the fish sauce and mix well.
- Pour the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the taro and tomatoes. Lower the heat and simmer for 40 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add the sinigang mix and chili.
- Add the string beans and simmer for another 5-8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and turn of the heat. Cover the pot and cook the spinach with the remaining heat.
- Serve hot.