There are days when we crave for a saucy variation of a meat dish. Buying a pork viand outside can be expensive and you really aren’t sure about how it tastes. Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to cook Pork Menudo on your own and ensure that you actually made it the way you want? This Pinoy recipe might involve a lot of ingredients but the process is really easy! Learn it here.
What You Need
- 1 kg pork
- 100 grams pig liver
- 1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ piece lemon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 pieces hotdogs, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2-3 pieces dried bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
- Marinate pork with soy sauce and lemon juice for at least an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the marinated pork and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and water. Add the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. If necessary, add water.
- Add the liver and hotdogs and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and sugar last to prevent overcooking. Stir and cook for 8-12 minutes.
- Serve hot.