When you’re tight on your budget but still want to fill your tummy, there is only one way to go: Pork Giniling! This simple but tasty Pinoy recipe wouldn’t cost you a lot but it will surely satisfy your cravings for a sweet and sour sauce coating the chewy grounded pork. Get your kitchen game-face on and let’s start making Pork Giniling!
What You Need
- 700 grams ground pork
- 1 ½ cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 200 grams tomato sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 piece beef or pork cube
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup water
What To Do
- In a cooking pot, heat oil under medium heat. Sauté garlic until lightly brown. Add the onions and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add the ground pork and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef or pork cube, tomato sauce, and water and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and mix until evenly distributed. Simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and sugar according to your preference and stir.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and serve hot.