If you want to sip on some hot soup but want to have the fresh taste of tomatoes in it, you should try POCHERO. It’s just like your regular pork soup but with the addition of ingredients that you didn’t think would taste good with soup! Learn this Pinoy recipe here!
What You Need
- 1 kg pork belly, cut into serving pieces
- ½ head garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 pieces saging na saba, sliced diagonally
- 2 potatoes, quartered
- 1 small bundle green beans, trimmed
- ½ small cabbage, quartered
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 3-4 cups water
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- salt and sugar to taste
- ¼ cup cooking oil
What To Do
- Heat oil and sauté garlic and onion in a saucepan.
- Add pork and cook until it starts to sizzle and changes to light brown.
- Add tomato sauce, water, and peppercorns. Stir gently and lower heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add potatoes and simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the banana and the rest of the vegetables and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce, salt, and sugar according to preference.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.