Who would have thought that pineapples and chicken could go together? Well, Filipinos did and the result is amazing! This dish has a balance of sweet, sour, and savory flavor! You’ll be asking for more cups of rice. Here’s how you can easily make PININYAHANG MANOK.
What You Need
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 500 grams chicken, thigh part is preferred
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks
What To Do
- In a pot, sauté ginger, garlic, and onion in oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and fish sauce. Cook for another 10 minutes or until chicken starts turning slightly brown.
- Add the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the can of pineapple chunks with its juice or syrup. Continue simmering for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with hot steamed rice.