LOMI is a very interesting dish. It’s a noodle dish but it tends to be a heavier meal compared to the usual pansit that we eat. Its soup is thick and the noodles are fat that you can actually eat it without rice! It’s very savory and the meat flavor will satisfy your taste buds! Learn the Pinoy recipe here.
What You Need
- 400 grams lomi noodles
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup chicken liver, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 200 grams chicken breast or thigh, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp patis
- 40 grams crab and corn coup mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 small napa cabbage, sliced into 1-inch thick strips
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
What To Do
- Boil enough water to cover lomi noodles and blanch for 1 minute. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook liver until done. Remove and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat another tablespoon of oil and sauté onions and garlic. Add chicken and cook until light brown.
- Add patis and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Add noodles and cook for 5 minutes until soft but firm to bite.
- Add crab and corn soup mix and stir until dissolved. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the liver and carrots and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the napa cabbage and cook for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine corn starch with ¼ cup of cold water and stir until dissolve.
- While stirring, add the corn starch. Continue cooking until slightly thick.
- Add eggs slowly in a thin stream while stirring.
- Remove from heat and transfer in a bowl. Serve hot.