We don’t know why but there is something about MAJA BLANCA that draws us in. When we go to a traditional Filipino handaan, we secretly wish that they’d serve this sweet and creamy dessert. Why wish when you can go and make your own? It’s really easy! Take a look at this Pinoy recipe.
What You Need
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- ¾ cup cornstarch dissolved in ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup corn kernel, drained
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
What To Do
- Grease a square pan with butter and set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, combine coconut milk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk and bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn kernel and pour the cornstarch mixture and stir quickly until it turns pasty. Remove from heat and immediately transfer to the pan. Tap the pan or wipe the surface with a spatula to even out the surface. Let cool.
- Roast the dessicated coconut until brown. Sprinkle on top of the maja blanca.