If you’re the kind of person who likes leche flan and puto and is thinking of how you can get the best out of the two Filipino dessert snacks at the same time, you have come to the right place! Here, we will be sharing a Pinoy recipe that is a fusion of leche flan and puto. You got it right, it’s called LECHE PUTO! Get the steamer and those molds ready!
What You Need
- 6 cups water
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- ¾ cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
- Leche Flan:
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 can condensed milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
What To Do
- Prepare water in a steamer and bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and gradually add the condensed milk. Continue whisking until texture is smooth. Add the vanilla extract until well-combined.
- Fill the puto molds with the leche flan mixture halfway. Arrange in the steamer and steam for 25 minutes. Remove from steamer and allow to cool.
- In another bowl, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, and baking powder. Mix well and gradually pour the milk while whisking and continue until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the leche flan and arrange again in the steamer. Steam for 35 more minutes.
- Remove from steamer and let cool. Serve out of the mold as dessert or snack.