In every Filipino meal, there is always dessert. And, everyone would surely agree that one of the most favorite Filipino desserts is LECHE FLAN. It’s sweet, creamy, and satisfying; especially when it melts in your mouth together with its caramel sauce.
Most people feel apprehensive in making this dessert as they think that it is a very complicated recipe. The truth is, it is one of the most simple lutong Pinoy recipe! Let’s learn it here.
What You Need
- 9 tbsp sugar
- 12 egg yolks (from large eggs)
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12-oz can evaporated milk
- 3 llanera molds
What To Do
- In each llanera, place 3 tablespoons sugar. Using tongs, move the llanera around the fire until the sugar starts to caramelize. Swirl and tilt the llanera to evenly distribute the melted sugar. Remove from heat and let the caramel cool and harden
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, evaporated milk and condensed milk. Gently stir in a circular motion until mixture is well-blended.
- With a fine strainer or cheesecloth, strain the mixture into the llaneras.
- Cover the llaneras with aluminum foil and arrange in a steamer ready with boiling water. Steam for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then flip the llaneras on a plate or a container and refrigerate. Serve cold.