Sunday mornings aren’t complete without KUTSINTA. When you go to the palengke and buy your weeks’ worth of groceries, it is a must to munch on this sweet Filipino kakanin with a lot of desiccated coconut. Would it surprise you if we say that it is extremely easy to make this at home? It doesn’t require much ingredients and you can even turn making kutsinta into a business!
What You Need
- 1 ½ cups rice flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ tsp lye water
- 2 tsp annatto seeds
What To Do
- Combine all the dry ingredients starting with the rice flour, all-purpose flour, and brown sugar and mix evenly.
- Add water gradually and continue mixing until ingredients are distributed completely.
- Add lye water and anatto water (soak the annatto seeds in 3 tbsp of water) then continue mixing.
- Pour the mixture in individual molds and steam for 40 minutes to an hour.
- Serve with grated coconut on the side.