During Filipino handaan, we can’t leave out the inuman part. And, every drinking session calls for a really delicious pulutan to munch while we’re hanging out with friends and family and talking about anything. KILAWING KAMBING is probably one of the most famous pulutan with Filipinos. What’s good about KILAWIN is that it can also be a viand and eaten together with rice. Learn the Pinoy recipe here!
What You Need
- 500 grams goat skin
- 6 pcs spicy Thai chili
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 6-10 tbsp cane vinegar or white vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 4 pcs dried bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
- Boil water in a cooking pot.
- Add bay leaves and goat skin. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Continue boiling for 1 hour or until goat skin is tender.
- Remove goat skin from the cooking pot and let cool. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Combine chili, ginger, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl. Stir until mixed well.
- Add the chopped goat skin and toss to distribute the ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper according to preference and continue mixing to ensure that ingredients are well mixed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve cold as pulutan or viand with rice.