In our fast-paced and busy times now, it is not surprising that a lot of people are slowly being restricted to buying store-bought or delivered meals merely for its convenience. It is affecting a lot of people from different walks of life but most especially, our mothers. They fend for their family after a busy day at work, and even for stay-at-home mothers, taking care of their family take up a lot of time and energy. Cooking at home isn’t such a normal thing to do anymore but there are still expectations for mothers to do so especially when they have smaller children. This is why we have compiled a list of easy to do healthy recipes every busy mom can make at home. These are listed according to every meal of the day.
Avocado Toast with Fried Egg
Avocado is known to be a superfood and it is versatile when used in dishes. A simple toast recipe paired with avocado is the perfect quick breakfast meal on the go.
● 4 eggs
● 1 avocado
● 1 tbsp lemon juice
● A pinch salt
● 4 slices bread (toasted)
● Other toppings of your choice like cheese or other condiments. (optional)
● salt and pepper (to taste)
● Combine the avocado with lemon juice and salt and mash together manually or in a food processor. Set aside.
● Cook the eggs as desired (sunny side up, scrambled or even hard boiled) Slice it up if needed and set aside as well.
● Spread the avocado mixture on the toast and top it with the fried or hard-boiled egg.
● You may add extra ingredients to fill up your sandwich if you like to add more flavor.
Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
An easy recipe that can be prepared in advance and kept for later consumption, Taquitos are like the taco version of breakfast wraps. This version includes simple breakfast ingredients like eggs and sausages. It is the perfect breakfast meal for people that are not a “morning person” but appreciates a good breakfast to start up their day. Just heat it up and you’re ready to go!
● 5 eggs
● 1 pack of sausage links
● 10 white corn or flour tortillas
● 1 cup shredded cheese
● Salt and pepper (to taste)
● Other stuffing like vegetables such as spinach (optional)
● Preheat an oven to 215 degrees C/ 425 degrees F.
● Cook the sausage links in a skillet over medium-high heat and turn occasionally to cook evenly. Set aside on a plate and leave the pan.
● Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk, adding milk and a bit of water to make a scrambled egg mixture.
● Cook the egg in a pan where the sausage was cooked, add salt and pepper to taste while scrambling to cook (add the other ingredients at this time if you have chosen to). Set aside with the sausage.
● Heat the tortillas in a skillet until it can be bent and add the scrambled egg mixture, cheese and sausages as desired. Make sure you leave a bit of space so that the tortilla can be rolled up.
● Roll up the taquitos in a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
● Bake until golden brown for about 10-15 minutes.
● Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
● If you wish to keep the taquitos to be eaten later, let it cool first and put in a ziplock bag and tightly seal. Heat up when you are ready to eat it.
Mortadella Pasta Salad
Mortadella is an Italian sausage that is delicious with this recipe. It is made with high-quality pork and cubes of fat. This may not be accessible to some locations so it is totally acceptable to substitute this ingredient with other meat products that can complement the recipe.
● 1 pack of fusilli noodles (can be substituted by other shaped pasta)
● 1 thick slice mortadella (or similar such as Bologna)
● 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
● 2 tbsp lemon juice
● 1/2 tsp salt
● 1/2 tsp mustard (Mild German mustard is recommended)
● 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
● ground pepper
● Boil water and add a bit of salt and oil to it before adding the pasta to cook.
● Meanwhile, mix together the oil, lemon juice, mustard, and salt to make a dressing.
● Once the pasta has done cooking, mix it well with the dressing to spread the taste. Add mortadella and parmesan cheese and your meal is done.
Chicken Hummus Wrap
A wrap dish recipe that is very filling and healthy. It has a savory taste and very simple to make. You can also bring this along with you if you are in a rush or just need a quick bite before going somewhere.
● 1 chicken breast
● 1 lettuce (chopped)
● 1 small tomato (sliced)
● 1/4 small red onion (sliced)
● 1/2 tsp cumin
● 1/2 tsp paprika
● 1/2 tsp garlic powder
● 1 teaspoon black pepper
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1 teaspoon oil (canola, corn, vegetable, or olive oil)
● 2 medium flour tortilla wraps
● 2 tbsp hummus
● Pour oil in a skillet and heat it in high heat.
● Cook the chicken on the skillet and rotate on each side for about 5 to 7 minutes.
● Prepare the toppings such as the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions.
● Spread hummus on the tortilla wraps and top with the chicken and vegetables.
● Wrap the meal and enjoy!
A very easy and savory snack, it doesn’t take any time at all to do. It is a fun snack for children and they can help in preparing these to save time.
● 1 pack of plain gluten-free crackers (like Matzo crackers)
● Olive oil
● Dried rosemary (optional)
● Meat toppings (like bacon bits or sliced turkey)
● Cheese (grated)
● Brush the crackers with olive oil and sprinkle with the condiments such as salt, pepper, and dried rosemary.
● Put the crackers in an oven tray lined with parchment paper.
● Top the cracker with your favorite meat toppings like bacon bits or turkey slices and add grated cheese as well.
● Bake for 5 minutes at 400ºF / 200ºC.
Yogurt and Granola Trifle
For the sweet tooth, this dessert recipe is very easy, fun and healthy. It is layers of our favorite treats stacked into one delicious treat!
● 1-quart yogurt (vanilla)
● 2 cups of fruit like strawberries, oranges, banana (chopped into small pieces)
● 2 cups Simple Homemade Granola (made with oats, nuts, and honey)
● 1-quart vanilla yogurt
● Start by placing the chopped fruits in the bottom of a small trifle bowl.
● Add the next layer using granola and make sure the ingredients are tightly packed and squeezed onto the bottom of the trifle bowl.
● Lastly, add the yogurt
● Chill the dessert in the fridge for 15 minutes or more and serve as a snack or dessert.
Baked Kale Chips
A healthy snack that kids and adult will like. It is a very low-calorie snack that tastes like potato chips. It’s a great snack to munch on while studying, doing chores or working from home.
● 1 bunch of Kale
● 1 tbsp olive oil
● 1 tsp salt
● Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 175ºC.
● Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
● Remove the Kale leaves from its stems and tear them into bite size pieces.
● Wash thoroughly and once it has dried, drizzle olive oil on the kale and season it with salt.
● Bake for about 10-15 minutes when the edges turn brown but not burnt.
A typical dinner meal but with a twist of delicious and savory garlic taste.
● 6 cloves garlic (minced)
● ¼ cup olive oil
● 1 ½ cup breadcrumbs
● ¼ Tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
● 1 pack dry spaghetti
● 1 tbsp. butter
● Kosher salt
● ½ lemon (juiced)
● 1/3 c. freshly chopped parsley
● Boil water with oil and salt and add the spaghetti to cook. Cook the sauce while waiting for the spaghetti to cook.
● Heat the olive oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat.
● Add 3 cloves of minced garlic and breadcrumbs and season with pepper flakes and salt. Cook until the breadcrumbs appear golden and the aroma from the garlic is evident.
● Separate the breadcrumbs from the pan and place over a paper towel lined plate. Wipe the pan.
● Then heat the skillet on medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and butter.
● Drain the spaghetti from the water and add it to the pan.
● Add the remaining garlic in the pan with the cooked pasta. Lower the heat to medium-low until pasta is done the cooking.
● Stir in the lemon juice and add other ingredients such as parmesan cheese if you would like. To thicken the sauce, add a bit of the pasta water. Top the dish with the breadcrumbs from early and serve warm.
Easy Chicken Parmesan
An easy meat dish to cook that has cheese1 Who doesn’t like cheese?
● 2 cups of breadcrumbs
● ½ tsp. garlic powder
● ¼ cup of freshly grated Parmesan
● 1 egg (beaten)
● 2 cups of all-purpose flour
● 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken cutlets
● kosher salt
● ground pepper
● Vegetable oil
● 2 cups marinara
● 1 cup shredded mozzarella
● 3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
● Preheat the oven to 400ºF / 200ºC.
● Prepare the breading mixtures by setting up 3 large bowls.
● Add the breadcrumbs, garlic powder and parmesan in one bowl, add the egg mixture in another and add flour to the last bowl. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then coat each piece of chicken in flour and shake off the excess.
● Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture.
● Repeat it for all chicken parts available.
● Heat the skillet and cook the chicken until golden brown.
● Once it is cooked, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate again.
● In another skillet, warm marinara sauce in medium heat. Add the cooked chicken and top it with mozzarella cheese.
● Once the cheese has been cooked on top of the chicken, turn off the heat, top with basil and serve warm.
Beef & Broccoli Buddha Bowls
A convenient food to binge on while busy at home. It is simple to prepare as well but a dish with balanced food ingredients.
● 2 garlic cloves ( grated)
● 2 pc ginger (peeled and grated)
● 2 tbsp. brown sugar
● 1/4 cup soy sauce
● 1 lime (juiced)
● kosher salt
● black pepper
● 1 tbsp oil
● 1 lb. flank steak
● 1 head broccoli florets
● 4 cup cooked brown rice
● 4 scallions, thinly sliced
● Combine the condiments together such as soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and pepper in a jar and mix together by shaking well.
● Heat a skillet in high temperature and add the oil. Once the oil is smoking, add the steak and cook each side thoroughly.
● Once it has cooked, transfer to a cutting board and season with salt and pepper. Set aside first.
● Go back to the skillet and reduce the heat to a medium.
● Add the sauce to the skillet and add the broccoli as well.
● Slice the steak to your decided portions and set aside once again.
● Prepare the dish by putting rice or vegetable in a bowl. Once the broccoli has cooked. Top the rice with the steak and add the sauce with broccoli as well.
Ham & Cheese Tortellini
A bit of a comfort food for your dinner, this ham and cheese tortellini is delicious and so creamy. It is very easy and fast to make and it is a nice meal for the family.
● 1 tbsp. olive oil
● 1 shallot (minced)
● 3 cloves garlic (minced)
● 1/2 lb. deli ham (chopped)
● Black pepper
● 1 1/2 lb. cheese tortellini
● 2 cup frozen peas
● 3/4 cup chicken broth
● 1/3 cup heavy cream
● 1 cup shredded swiss
● 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
● Heat oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat.
● First, add the shallot and then the garlic just a little bit until it is soft.
● Add the ham until it is crispy. Make sure to stir occasionally so that nothing gets burnt or gets stuck on the pan.
● Add pepper to taste.
● Add the tortellini and frozen peas and continue to stir.
● Pour chicken broth and simmer until the tortellini becomes al dente.
● Add heavy cream, Swiss, and Parmesan cheese and stir until creamy.
● Serve hot and garnish with parsley