Normally, PATA HAMONADO is served during special occasions. But, if you learn how simple it is to make this sweet and savory dish, we bet you’ll be making it anytime you want to! Here’s the Pinoy recipe for PATA HAMONADO!
What You Need
- 1 kg pata, sliced or whole depending on preference
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 pcs dried bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp whole peppercorn
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
What To Do
- In a deep cooking pot, heat oil and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the whole peppercorn and stir.
- Gently place the pata and cook all sides for 5 minutes each.
- Pour pineapple juice and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and bay leaves. Lower down heat and simmer for 60-90 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Add the brown sugar and stir.
- Add salt and allow the liquid to evaporate and the sauce becomes thick.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.