Grilled Tuna Belly
If you are from down south of the country, GRILLED TUNA BELLY would be a common dish. It is one dish that makes Filipino food famous. The soft and flakey fish meat dipped in a mix of soy sauce and calamansi will take you to heaven! You don’t have to suffer anymore as cooking it at home is very easy! Learn the Pinoy recipe here!
What You Need
- 1 kg tuna belly, cut into serving portions
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp pepper
What To Do
- Wash tuna belly thoroughly and pat dry.
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, chili sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil and pepper in a bowl and stir.
- Submerged tuna and marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Make sure to turn over the fish regularly to ensure full marinade coverage.
- Separate the tuna from the marinade. Boil the marinade in a sauce pot for 5 minutes.
- Grease grill grates over hot coals and arrange tuna in a single layer. Start grilling while basting with marinade.
- Grill each side for 3-5 minutes or until fish feels soft enough with a fork.
- Remove from grill and serve in a plate with soy sauce on the side.