There are times when we are faced with the problem of so much food leftovers, especially after a fun handaan. Fortunately, Filipinos are so smart and resourceful that we still find ways to enjoy these leftovers like they are main dishes. Here is something to do with the leftover rice you had. With this Pinoy recipe of FRIED RICE, you won’t be needing any more viand!
What You Need
- 4 cups leftover steamed white rice
- 100 grams ham, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ½ cup chopped green onions
What To Do
- Gently mash the leftover rice with your clean hands to loosen it.
- Toss in salt and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat cooking oil.
- Sauté the ham when the oil is hot enough. Cook for 1 minute.
- Gather the ham on one side of the pan. Pour the beaten eggs on the empty space and cook for 1 minute. Flip the egg and cook the other side for another minute. Chop the egg on the pan using the ladle.
- Add the rice and toss continuously for 5 minutes.
- Add the green peas and continue mixing and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with chopped green onions.