If you want to eat steak but are not quite in the mood for heavy meat, FISH STEAK is the one for you. It has the same savory taste as the beef steak that we are used to. Only, we get more healthy nutrients. And, let’s admit it. Bangus belly is one of the best things in the world!
What You Need
- 2 milkfish bellies, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup cooking oil
What To Do
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Fry the milkfish belly when the oil turns hot until it becomes medium brown in color. Do this for all sides.
- Remove the fish and set aside. Discard the oil but leave about a tablespoon in the pan.
- Sauté the garlic until it is slightly toasted.
- Add the soy sauce, water, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add the fish. Cover the pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and season with salt and pepper. Mix and then cover. Cook for another 2-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with chopped parsley.