We’ve already made it clear that we love leche flan. Why don’t we try and give it a more Filipino twist? Using the Tree of Life, coconut, will make leche flan have more of the fresh and milky taste. Get your ramekins and steamers ready because this Pinoy recipe of COCONUT FLAN will have you making more!
What You Need
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 6 eggs
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 ml evaporated milk
- 350 ml condensed milk
What To Do
- In a microwaveable bowl, dissolve sugar in water. Microwave on high for about 6 minutes until the color changes to honey gold. Pour in ramekins before it hardens.
- In a different bowl, combine eggs, coconut milk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk. Stir gently until mixed. Strain with cheesecloth to remove lumps and unwanted particles.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins. Cover the ramekins with foil.
- Arrange ramekins in an oven-safe dish with 1 inch of water bath. Bake for 40-45 minutes in 375 F.
- Remove from oven and let cool before refrigerating.
- Serve by turning the flan over with the caramel side on top.