Who said pork is the only thing that can be delicious in tocino? If you haven’t tried CHICKEN TOCINO, you are missing a lot! CHICKEN TOCINO is a very great addition to your breakfast meals. The secret is all in the proper proportion and measurement of ingredients. Learn how to make this Pinoy recipe here.
What You Need
- 1 kg chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup banana ketchup
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
What To Do
- Combine chicken, pineapple juice, ketchup, salt, garlic powder, and sugar. Mix and massage meat until evenly covered with the mixture. Store in a container with cover and allow to cure in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place chicken pieces in a pan with the marinade and enough water over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover. Simmer until meat is tender. If necessary, add more water in ½ cup increments.
- When water is absorbed, add oil and continue cooking, stirring regularly until meat starts to caramelize.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve hot.