We’ve all heard of beef tapa. It’s famous. But, did you know that there is also something that we call CHICKEN TAPA? It’s a unique way of curing chicken. Your taste buds will go wild with the mix of its sweetness, sourness, and savory flavor! It’s is easy to make and before you know it, you’ll be making this Pinoy recipe for tomorrow’s breakfast!
What You Need
- 1 ½ kg chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- ½ cup soy sauce
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
What To Do
- In a large bowl, mix soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Add the chicken and using your clean hands, massage to fully coat the chicken meat with the marinade. Cover the bowl with clear wrap and refrigerate overnight to cure.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add a few pieces of chicken and cook each side for 10-15 minutes. Add another tablespoon of oil if necessary and continue cooking until chicken is lightly brown. Do the same with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Cut into serving size and serve immediately.