If you are craving for a savory soup and noodles at the same time, we have the answer. Try CHICKEN SOTANGHON. It’s just like tinola but with the addition of glass noodles to satisfy your tummies. It’s really simple to make and in no time, you’ll be on your table, slurping this hearty Pinoy recipe!
What You Need
- 500 grams chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 200 grams sotanghon noodles, cut into desired length and soaked in water until soft
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ¾ cup cabbage, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp patis
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add chicken and stir fry until light brown. Add patis and continue stir frying.
- Pour chicken stock then bring to a boil. Simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add sotanghon noodles and carrots then simmer for another 3 minutes. Add water if needed.
- Add cabbage and simmer for another minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.