Chicken Skin Chicharon
If you enjoy eating CHICKEN SKIN CHICHARON on the streets, you would want to learn this Pinoy recipe so you could make them at home! It’s not really that complicated. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the dirty part of street food. Just make sure you have spiced vinegar ready to pair with this crunchy treat!
What You Need
- 1 kg chicken skin
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 4 cloves garlic, pounded
- ½ tsp cracked pepper corns
- 1 tsp salt
- peanut oil or lard
What To Do
- Combine chicken skin, vinegar, water, garlic, pepper corns, and salt in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and continue cooking until fat comes out and skin is soft but not falling apart. Remove chicken skin from pot with a slotted spoon and discard the garlic and other aromatics.
- Arrange chicken skin on a baking sheet and refrigerate uncovered for 1 hour.
- Gently scrape fat and cut chicken skin into 4-inch pieces.
- Bake skin in an oven with 180F temperature for 3 hours or until dry.
- In a deep pot, heat 4-inch deep peanut oil until very hot. Deep fry chicken skin in batches until they float. Remove cooked chicken skin with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with spiced vinegar on the side.