If you aren’t a fan of pork but still want to sip hot soup on a cold rainy day or even a lazy warm afternoon, then Chicken Mami is the food to go. It’s filled with a hot savory soup that embodies all the flavor that chicken can offer with the addition of other ingredients to enhance its taste. Here’s a very simple recipe if ever you crave for it.
What You Need
- 1kg boneless chicken breasts
- 200 grams thin egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted garlic
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-6 pieces boiled chicken egg
- carrot strips for garnish (optional)
What To Do
- Boil the chicken broth in a cooking pot.
- Add chicken breasts, onion powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer for 30-40minutes with the lid on.
- Turn off heat and remove the chicken breasts. Slice in thin strips.
- In a serving bowl, arrange cooked noodles, Chinese cabbage, chicken, spring onions, toasted garlic, carrot strips, and boiled egg. Ladle hot broth over it.
- Serve hot with pepper powder and patis on the side.