Filipino-Style Chicken Macaroni
Filipinos are secretly in love with pasta. It is proven by our own versions of different pasta dishes around the world. Here’s CHICKEN MACARONI. We have added a more tropical feel to it so you can really taste how Pinoy it is. Learn this easy Pinoy recipe here!
What You Need
- 500 grams elbow macaroni, cooked according to package instructions
- 500 grams chicken breast or thigh, boneless and skinless
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup quick melt cheese, cubed
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup condensed milk
- salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
- In a pot, boil chicken meat in enough water. Lower to a simmer and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from liquid and let cool. Shred and set aside.
- In another pot, boil water. Blanch carrots for 30 seconds and remove. Immediately immerse in an ice bath to completely cool. Drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix macaroni, chicken, carrots, ham, eggs, cheese, crushed pineapple including the juice, sweet pickle relish, raisins, onions, mayonnaise, and condensed milk. Stir gently until ingredients are distributed evenly. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Transfer in a clean serving bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.