If you are trying to avoid pork and you want to sip on a hot and hearty soup, CHICKEN BINAKOL is for you! This soup dish will satisfy your taste buds as it contains almost every possible taste there is. Make your own Chicken Binakol with this Pinoy recipe!
What You Need
- 1 whole chicken, cut to serving pieces
- 3 cups young coconut water
- 1 ½ cups young coconut meat
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 small green papaya, wedged
- 1 cup hot pepper leaves
- 4 stalks lemon grass, cut to 1-inch length and pounded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
What To Do
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Sauté garlic.
- Add onions, ginger, and lemon grass and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken. Stir and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground black pepper and fish sauce. Mix well.
- Add the coconut meat, coconut water, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Lower down heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add the green papaya and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Put in the hot pepper leaves and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot with rice.