If you want to taste something very authentic, try this Kapampangan classic called CHICKEN ASADO! It’s easy and very savory. It’s yet another time to get that extra rice ready. Learn this Pinoy recipe below!
What You Need
- 1 kg chicken, cut into serving pieces
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 pcs dried bay leaves
- 2 large potatoes, quartered
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ cup cooking oil
What To Do
- Rub salt and pepper to the chicken and set aside for 30 minutes to let the flavor set in.
- In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and pan-fry the chicken. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a cooking pot. Sauté onions until soft.
- Add the bay leaves and cook for 1 minute
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir and simmer for 5-7 minutes
- Put the chicken and continue simmering for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for another 7-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in a serving plate.