CHICKEN AFRITADA is a great addition to your roster of handaan dishes. If you have lechon, fish dishes, and fried food, this dish can give balance and option to your guests. It isn’t really that hard to make and it’s everyone’s favorite. When you serve this, the serving plate will be empty in no time!
What You Need
- 1 kg chicken, cut into serving parts
- 1 large potato, quartered
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup green peas
- 200 grams tomato sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 pieces hotdogs, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 ¼ cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
- Heat oil in a casserole over medium heat. Pan-fry the chicken for 3 minutes each side until lightly brown. Remove the chicken from the casserole.
- On the same pot, sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the chicken and the hotdogs and stir, cooking for a minute or two.
- Pour the tomato sauce and chicken stock. Add bay leaves and stir. Simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and carrots then simmer for another 7 minutes or until the vegetables become soft.
- Add the bell pepper, green peas, salt, sugar, and pepper then cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer in a serving bowl.