Sometimes, when we are making a large batch of lumpia, there will be a few extra wrappers left unused. Gladly, someone took the liberty of putting these scrap lumpia wrappers to good use. Just fill it with your favorite cheese and bam! You have CHEESE STICKS! Some would even serve CHEESE STICKS as snacks when they have visitors at home. Learn this Pinoy recipe that will only require you 2 ingredients!
What You Need
- 500 grams cheese of your choice
- 12 pieces lumpia wrappers
What To Do
- Cut cheese in thin long strips and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- On a flat surface, lay a wrapper and place a few pieces of cheese in the middle. Bring the bottom part of the wrapper up over the cheese, fold the sides toward the center and start rolling up tightly into a log. Wet the top part of the wrapper to completely seal. Repeat until the wrappers and cheese are used up.
- Heat about 1-inch deep of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the cheese sticks with the seam side down and fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Turn once or twice if necessary. Remove from the pan and drain in paper towels.
- Serve immediately with a dip of your choice.