When you go to a Filipino handaan and you take a look at the dessert area of the table, you might have caught sight of a very interesting dessert. It’s a soft jelly made of different colors that looks very delectable. Well, the name is CATHEDRAL WINDOWS. Yes, just like the real cathedral windows, it’s a jelly dessert that looks like the stained glass windows commonly found in cathedrals and churches. You’ll be surprised at how simple the process of this intricate-looking dessert is!
What You Need
- 1 ½ cups each of red, yellow, and green jelly cooked according to package instructions, cubed
- 1 ¼ cups whipping cream
- 1 ½ cups pineapple juice
- 400 grams condensed milk
- 4 packs colorless unflavored gelatin
What To Do
- Heat the pineapple juice in a microwave oven for 35 seconds.
- Pour in a mixing bowl and add the unflavored gelatin. Stir until the gelatin completely dissolves in the juice.
- Add the whipping cream then the condensed milk. Mix until well-blended.
- Add the colored jelly cubes and stir.
- Pour the mixture in a mold of your choice.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or more.
- Transfer to a plate and slice. Serve.