One of the things that we are known for is that we can adopt any kind of food and give it a Filipino twist. CARBONARA is a well-loved pasta dish around the world and we have found a way to suit its taste to the majority without losing its original flavor. Here’s the Pinoy recipe for CARBONARA!
What You Need
- 500 grams spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 200 grams bacon, chopped
- 200 grams ground beef
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup sliced button mushroom
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
- In a cooking pot, sear the bacon until it becomes crisp and the fat comes out. Remove the bacon after cooking and discard half of the fat.
- With the remaining fat on the pot add the ground beef and cook until brown.
- Add the onions and garlic and continue cooking.
- Pour the beef broth and bring to a boil. Cook until the broth completely evaporates.
- Stir in the mushrooms.
- Add the butter on the side of the pot and continue cooking until it is melted.
- Pour 2 ¼ cups of heavy whipping cream and stir. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to medium.
- Add the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the remaining ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Pour the egg mixture to the pot and stir until the consistency of the sauce becomes thick.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in a bowl and pour some carbonara sauce. Mix well and add more sauce if necessary.
- Transfer in a serving pasta bowl and top with bacon and parmesan cheese.