When we are out wandering at the mall we can’t help but get hungry. Admit it. The ultimate food choice is fast food. Most of us would choose to eat BURGER STEAK because its meat and it’s quite satisfying. But, why settle for fast food BURGER STEAK when you can make it at home? It’s a really simple and fun Pinoy recipe!
What You Need
- 2 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- ¼ cup beef broth or water
- 400 grams ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 can button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
What To Do
- Soak bread in broth and tear with your hands until it becomes pasty.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, soaked bread crumbs, onions, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined. Portion meat and form into patties. Gently press an indentation in the center of the patties.
- Heat oil on a skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms for 1 minute. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, arrange beef patties in a single layer and cook for 2 minutes each side. Remove patties and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until completely melted.
- Sprinkle flour and whisk until smooth. Continue stirring until roux turns lightly golden.
- Add beef stock gradually and continue stirring until it begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the patties in a single layer. Lower heat and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms in the last 5 minutes and cook until meat is done.
- Serve hot with rice.