BOPIS is not a very common dish around the country. It is made with the innards of pig that aren’t commonly eaten. But, this Pinoy recipe is just so delicious that you would want to eat it on a regular basis! Truly, Filipinos are so innovative and nothing goes to waste!
What You Need
- 700 grams pig’s lungs, boiled in lemon grass and pandan leaves until tender and minced
- 500 grams pig’s heart, boiled in lemon grass and pandan leaves until tender and minced
- ½ cup annatto seeds diluted in 1 cup of water
- 1 small carrot, minced
- 4-6 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp bird’s eye chili, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 pcs dried bay leaves
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
What To Do
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add the bird’s eye chili and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the pig’s lungs and heart and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the annatto water and stir.
- Put the bay leaves and 1 cup of water. Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add the carrots and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Add the vinegar and cook for another 10 minutes under medium heat.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve with hot rice.