BICOL EXPRESS is one of those Filipino dishes that you really don’t want to eat everyday but if you crave for it, it better be the best Bicol Express. It’s perfect for those who are fans of spicy food. It also has a creamy texture so it feels nice around your mouth. Learn how to make your own BICOL EXPRESS and you can even put your own twist to it. Here’s the Pinoy recipe!
What You Need
- 500 grams pork shoulder, sliced into cubes
- 3 pcs long green pepper, sliced to thin pieces
- 8 pcs bird’s eye chili, sliced to small pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 45 grams, Knorr Ginataang Gulay mix
- 1 tbsp shrimp paste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 ¼ cups water
- salt to taste
What To Do
- In a cooking pot over medium heat, heat oil and sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the ground black pepper and pork. Continue cooking until pork turns light brown.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and continue cooking in medium heat until pork is tender and water is reduced.
- Combine ¾ cup lukewarm water and Knorr Ginataang Gulay mix and stir until powder is complete dissolved.
- Add the long green peppers, chili peppers, and shrimp paste to the pork and stir to mix.
- Pour the ginataan mix and bring to a boil. Cover again and continue cooking until liquid is reduced to half. Stir regularly.
- Adjust the taste with salt.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with a cup of rice.