So, your dishes for the handaan are all set. But, you think there is something missing. Most of your dishes are heavy meals. What about your visitors who are still full but want to pick on something while they chat with you? The answer: BEEF LUMPIA! This finger food is easy to make and it will make your chitchat more fun!
What You Need
- ½ kg ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 beef stock cube, powderized
- 1 cup grated cheese
- spring roll or lumpia wrappers
- 1 liter of oil for frying
What To Do
- Parboil the ground beef with half a teaspoon of salt until it becomes lightly brown. Drain from oil and let cool in a bowl.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients except for the wrappers and oil. Make sure that ingredients are evenly distributed. If you want, you can check the taste by taking a small amount of the mixture and frying it in oil to know if the taste needs adjustments.
- On a plate or a flat surface, lay your wrapper and scoop a tablespoon of the mixture. Lay it near the bottom part of the rapper, forming it into a log shape as big as your index finger.
- Fold the bottom end of the wrapper and slightly tug the filling down to make sure it is wrapped tightly. Fold the sides toward the middle. Start rolling up and seal the top end by brushing it with a little bit of water or egg wash before completely finishing the roll.
- Do this until you have consumed all of the filling.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the lumpia for about 5-7 minutes under low heat or until they are golden brown. DO NOT OVERCROWD the pan with the lumpia as it will make them crispy outside but undercooked inside.
- Remove from the pan and drain excess oil with paper towel.
- Serve in a nice plate as viand or as finger food.