We know that fried rice is so mainstream. What if we take it to the next level? Many of us are already familiar with ARROZ VALENCIANA. It’s filled with various ingredients that give it its delicious taste. It’s just basically putting everything together! Learn this Pinoy recipe here!
What You Need
- 250 grams chicken thigh or breast, deboned and chopped
- 3 pcs chorizo de bilbao, sliced diagonally
- ½ cup malagkit
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of Spanish saffron
- salt and pepper for seasoning
What To Do
- Combine the malagkit and Jasmine rice and wash with water twice. Drain and set aside.
- In a paellera or wide pan, heat the olive oil.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato until soft.
- Add the chopped chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chorizo de bilbao next and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, saffron, and paprika. Mix well.
- Pour the chicken broth and coconut milk and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Add the washed rice and mix well. Bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well to combine ingredients. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the raisins and green peas. Cover and simmer for another 8 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper and continue simmering until rice is cooked.
- Top with sliced boiled eggs and serve.