Filipinos love seafood and we like to make various dishes with them. There are many types of dishes out there that involve tahong or mussels. But, this adobo recipe will make you taste the authenticity of Filipino food! Learn this Pinoy recipe here.
What You Need
- 500 grams cleaned mussels, shells removed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 pcs dried bay leaves
- ½ tbsp whole peppercorn
- 2 tbsp toasted garlic
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt for seasoning
What To Do
- In a cooking pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and peppercorn. Cook until garlic turns light brown.
- Add the mussels. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of toasted garlic. Bring to a boil and simmer for another 5-7 minutes.
- Put in the vinegar and bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot.